“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
“…Her enthusiasm to address the ills of this city in a methodical and efficient manner is very refreshing.”
– Mary S. Jackson, Morning Call 1/25/2001
“I met her through William Allen Construction Company… and observed her dedication to Allentown’s education… Mrs. Bennett’s impact on me has followed me throughout my career… I continue to be passionate about my hometown; Sam played apart in tat passion.”
– Rachel Gallagher, Morning Call 2/25/2005
“Mayfair clearly had fundraising success when it was led by Siobhan Bennett in 2002 and 2003, quickly erasing a $250,000 debt by doubling fundraising efforts finding more sponsors.”
– Joe Moser, Morning Call 12/26/2016
“Being selfless is an accurate assessment of her. It’s not an act, it’s genuine.” said Lee Butz
– Susan Haas, Morning Call 1/24/2001
“I truly feel you’re the best for Allentown.”
– Jeanette Eichenwald, former Allentown City Councilwoman 2017
“Bennett only candidate who can improve Allentown.”
– William “Billy” Ehrlacher, Jr., Morning Call, 4/25/2017
“No one could be a better Mayor. No One!
– Dr. Diane Scott, highly respected former Allentown School District Superintendent (1992-2002); long serving Board Member and Officer of numerous civic Board of Directors; 25 year resident of Allentown; Campaign Chair Friends of Siobhan “Sam” Bennett
“I truly feel that you are the BEST for Allentown and looking forward to voting for you!”
– Jeanette Eichenwald, Allentown businesswoman; former ASD School Board Director; Allentown City Councilwoman and Inaugural Campaign Chair, Friends of Siobhan “Sam” Bennett
“Sam Knows how to END CRIME and BLIGHT plus the NEGATIVE PERCEPTIONS of CRIME that CRIPPLE OUR CITY.”
– Sue Kratzer, beloved retired Allentown School District educator and Library Area Crime Watch Member.
“Sam Bennett is a great community leader and somebody who rolls up her sleeves and gets things done.”
– Governor Edward G. Rendell, PA Governor 2003 – 2011, Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairmen 1999 – 2001, Philadelphia Mayor 1992 – 2000
“I wish you the very best in your campaign and truly feel that you are the best for Allentown… I am wishing you the very best, and looking forward to voting for you!”
– Jeanette Eichenwald Allentown businesswoman former ASD School Board Director, Allentown City Councilwoman and Inaugural Campaign Chair, Friends of Siobhan “Sam” Bennett
“I’ve known Sam Bennett for over 20 years, and I am excited to support her campaign for Mayor. Allentown deserves her kind of smart, trust worthy leadership. Through her political business and civic endeavors, Sam has demonstrated her deep commitment to the city of Allentown. She is the leader Allentown needs to continue to grow and thrive.”
– U.S. Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz U.S. House Representative (PA-13) 2005 – 2015, PA Gubernatorial Candidate 2014, PA State Senator (PA-3) 1991 – 2005
“Sam is a thirty-year Allentown businesswoman and former national CEO – who hasn’t waited to be elected – but has been fighting crime, fighting for our schools, and neighborhoods – for ALL of us!”
– Dr. Diane Scott, Allentown resident and former Allentown School District Superintendent (1992-2002)
PA Democratic Black Caucus Chair Endorses Sam
Click to view or download .pdf
Thanksgiving Photo Op
For one candidate CRIME is PERSONAL: MARTIN LUTHER AND CORETTA SCOTT KING
MINIATURE STOLEN Crime Press Release 9.2.16 Click link to view or download
SATURDAY JUNE 18, 2016 1:00 PM
SIOBHAN “SAM” BENNETT ANNOUNCES
BID FOR MAYOR OF ALLENTOWN 2017
and launch of www.sambennett.info
Click link to view or download
“I have known Siobhan "Sam" Bennett for nearly two decades and have found her to be intelligent, honest and well organized with an outgoing engaging personality. In the many years that I worked with Sam in the Allentown City and Lehigh County Democratic Committees I have found her to be an encouraging and artful leader with incredible political and personal instincts and skills. Sam is a person who is truly dedicated to her community and to her family.
Back in the early 2000's my daughter, Rachel told me about the extraordinary person who was mentoring Rachel and some of her friends in organizing and operating the student led "William Allen Construction Company," which was responsible for some major renovations including the Auditorium at William Allen High School. These renovations cost the taxpayer nothing and made major improvements to William Allen High School.
Rachel, who is now a successful Attorney, credits Sam for helping her to develop many skills such as Grant Writing, Public Speaking, as well as Public Relations and Marketing, which have served Rachel well in her Attorney positions. Sam also gave Rachel her first "Real Job" working for Sam's Non Profit, "Properties of Merit," a local beautification project that Pennsylvania Governor, Ed Rendell pushed to be funded statewide. Rachel was also a trusted member of Sam's team when Sam ran for office.
As a member of "The Lehigh Valley Folk Music Society" Performing Group I had a chance to witness Sam Bennett in action on the grounds of Cedar Beach back during the "Mayfair Festival Of the Arts" when Sam was the Mayfair Executive Director for 2 years. Sam was traveling all over the Cedar Beach area during the Music Festival personally making sure that every performer had what they needed, whether it was sound equipment or water.
Sam also has experience working in Washington where she was the National CEO for 5 years of the "Women's Campaign Fund," the Nations oldest organization financially supporting women running for office. While working in Washington Sam also became a regular contributor for Fox News, MSNBC and PBS, where she often appeared on shows such as Megyn Kelley's, Chris Matthews Hardball and others.
A look at Sam's website, www.sambennett.info can give Allentown voters a look at Sam's outstanding background and lifetime accomplishments.
In my opinion if Sam Bennett becomes the Democratic Mayoral Candidate and later on the Mayor of Allentown, I believe we will all breathe a sigh of relief as the dark cloud that hangs over the Allentown Mayor's Office is lifted and is replaced by a dynamic new Breath of Fresh Air.
Jerry Gallagher - Allentown City Democratic Committeeman and Lehigh County Democratic Committeeman”
— Jerry Gallagher