“Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work.”
– Seth Godin
- 2016 Community Leader Award – Benevolent and Improved Protective Order of the World Wide Elks 2016
- One of Nation’s Top 100 Women – Women of Wealth Magazine 2011
- Women’s ENews “Top 21 Woman: U.S.A.” 2010
- Women’s ENews “Top 21 Woman: PA” 2009
- Allentown Education Association, “Excellence in Education” Award 2005
- Lehigh Valley Magazine, “Mover and Shaker” 2003
- Morning Call, “Woman To Watch” 2000
- Allentown Preservation Association, “Outstanding Historic Renovation”, Historic Benner Mansion 2000
- West Park House Tour 2006, 2008, 2010, 2016
- Properties of Merit Lifetime Achievement Award Oneonta NY 1990
- Deans List State University Oneonta NY 1980
- Regents Scholarship State University System of New York 1976
- Bresee Award 1976
- Art in America Award 1974
- Best Actress 1974
- Commemorative National Girl Scout Team, Marquette and Joilette, 1972
- Co-Founder, nameitchangeit.org, MEDIA, Name It. Change It. Research, Original Name It. Change It. Research 2010.
- Ascend, Caged Bird Publications, 2016.
“Sam Bennett would be a great mayor because what she can do is incredible. With the William Allen Construction Company, Good Neighbors, Properties of Merit and the Martin Luther and Coretta Scott King Memorial (now The Freedom Memorial), I have seen her build amazing organizations, starting with nothing but a great idea and committed colleagues. With Mayfair Festival of the Arts, Women's Campaign Fund and the Lehigh County Democrats' get-out-the-vote operation, she stepped into challenging situations and turned them around. Sam is successful due to hard work and talent; she is highly skilled at marketing, communication, finance and operations. Sam is honest and she really cares about Allentown.” Endorse Sam
— Martin Estrada - Allentown City Democratic Committee, immediate past chair, Mayfair Festival of the Arts and Properties of Merit of PA, volunteer; married twenty-one years to Siobhan "Sam" Bennett.